This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Command line tool for generating bundled/minified files?

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:48 PM
We're developing an AngularJS app and using karma/Jasmine for our Javascript tests. I'm exploring the possibility of running those tests against the bundled/minified versions of the Javascript code, but to do that I'll need to generate a file for each bundle so I can reference it in the karma config file.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

-michael
Coordinator
Mar 28, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Hello, Michael!

Earlier I mentioned, that the Bundle Transformer does not write anything to file system:
  1. MicrosoftAjaxJsMinifier .map file configuration
  2. How do I turn on Less source maps?
For your development process, I recommend you to use another category of tools: Web Essentials, Grunt or command-line minifiers (WebGrease, Microsoft Ajax Minifier, etc).

In addition, you can still to use the Microsoft ASP.NET Web Optimization Framework and BundleTransformer.Core for registration of pre-minified assets in ASP.NET applications.
Mar 28, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Edited Mar 28, 2014 at 10:38 AM
@taritsyn: Yep, we've definitely given this approach some consideration. It's just been so bloody convenient to use Bundle Transformer's nugets for various js and css minification. And its ease of configuration is simply brilliant. It's a nice piece of work.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, that approach means that we'd lose the ability to control whether we're using the minified or unminified version of the files with "compilation debug". We find this ability quite useful as we develop new code.

Thanks for your quick reply.